The Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) was established in 1989 as a voluntary, non-political, non-profit making society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
Aims & Objectives:
The main objectives of MAEF are to formulate and implement educational schemes and plans for the benefit of the educationally backward minorities in particular and weaker sections in general, to facilitate establishment of residential schools, especially for girls, in order to provide modern education to them and to promote research and encourage other efforts for the benefit of educationally backward minorities.
The Schemes of the Foundation are mainly of two types, Viz; Grants-in-aid to NGOs for construction and expansion of schools / hostels, technical / vocational training centres with emphasis on girl students and Scholarships to meritorious girl students. The various schemes run by the Foundation are as under:
- Financial assistance to establish/expand schools/residential schools/colleges;
- Financial assistance for purchase of laboratory equipment and furniture etc;
- Financial assistance for setting up/strengthening vocational/technical training centre/institutes;
- Financial assistance for construction of hostel buildings;
- Maulana Azad National Scholarships for meritorious girl students;
- Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Literacy Awards.
- Advt. regarding Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship scheme for the Year 2018-19.
- Performance Download(109 KB)
The Foundation is implementing its schemes out of the interest earned on its Corpus Fund, which is its main source of income. The Corpus Fund has been provided to the Foundation as part of plan assistance. The Corpus fund, which stood at Rs.100 crores in the year 2006-07 now stands at Rs. 1249.00.
Achivements in the Current Year
Since its inception, MAEF has sanctioned Rs 199.73 crores to 1548 NGOs throughout the country for construction / expansion of schools / colleges / girls hostels / polytechnics / ITIs and for the purchase of equipment / machinery / furniture etc and has distributed scholarships to 230744 girl students amounting to Rs.274.72 crores. Achievement details, year-wise during the current plan period are at Annex-I.
Performance & Statistics